Every year, my best friend Jen and I send each other care packages. This year, we exchanged Valentine's day (or Galentine's Day, as stated by the wise Leslie Knope) packages. It's always so much fun to put these together! Jen and I have known each other for over ten years so I have a pretty good idea of what kinds of things she likes. Below are the list of things I put in her package:
- Haribo gummy bears: I know that chocolate is the traditional Valentine’s day gift but it’s Galentine’s day and on Galentine’s day we eat gummy bears (or at least Jen and I do).
- Soy wax candles: Jen has a terrible sense of smell which makes her a bit paranoid about odor. I got this candle for her because although she can't smell it, it will make her home smell nice, putting her mind at ease.
- TonyMoly panda mirror: I couldn't resist getting this mirror for Jen! It's so cute and it kind of reminds me of the trip to the National Zoo we took together when we saw the Giant Panda bears!
- Homemade green tea oreos: I posted a picture of them on my Instagram account a few weeks ago. I made a fresh batch for Jen and am sending these to her. If you guys would like to see a post on how to make them I'd be happy to do one! They're very easy and quite delicious!
- Eat Yourself Calm book: Jen has been very health-conscious the last few years and I also know that as a hard-working millennial she's bound to get stressed at times (I know I do!) I found this book and thought it would be perfect for a healthy-eating, stressed-out librarian. I've read it through before sending it to her (hehe) and it's chock full of great tips and recipes!
- Calligraphy temporary tattoos: I first saw these on Wendy of Wendy's Lookbook and I thought they were so cute then. I saw these again at a bachelorette party I attended and I figured it's time to buy a set of my own and for Jen. These temporary tattoos have inspirational words written in gorgeous calligraphy, like "Powerful," and "Warrior" (my personal favorites). These are perfect for a smart and strong woman like Jen. You can get these from My Baby Olive Juice
What are some of the things you get your girl friends on Valentine's (or Galentine's) day? Share your knowledge so we can be ready next year!