I am currently making my way to New York to see one of my good friends! Since DC to New York isn't too far away, I decided to take a Megabus out so I can relax and not worry about gas or driving ($25 each way - can't beat that!) Lucky for me, the bus I'm taking has wifi so I am currently scheduling my blog posts for the week. It also inspired me to write a post on some of the things I find to be absolutely essential for a road trip:
- Camera Phone: I like to take pictures of the scenery along the way. I'm taking what's called the "Chinatown Bus" - these buses stop at Chinatowns in DC, Pennsylvania, and finally, New York - that's gotta make for some interesting Instagram pics!
- iPad/Tablet: I don't like carrying a big bulky laptop nor a ton of books for the ride so my iPad Mini has been a lifesaver. I always make sure to download a few movies to watch (in case the wifi isn't reliable) and a few books on the Kindle App to read.
- Snacks: This kind of goes without saying but a roadtrip is nothing without unhealthy and delicious snacks. I made sure to grab as much Flaming Hot Cheetohs, gummy bears, and Pepsi I could physically stomach for the way over.
- Hand Lotion: I have a weirdly compulsive need to make sure my hands are moisturized at all times. I like to carry Aveeno's hand cream with me for the occasion.
- Blanket: You know that annoying person in the office complaining that it's too cold when everyone else is hot and wants the air conditioning blasting as low as it can? I'm that whiner. I learned to just take a blanket with me on road trips to avoid the death glares when I ask to turn the air off.
- Spare clothes: I'm pretty accident-prone and I always end up spilling something on my clothes somehow (especially on a bumpy road trip). I make sure to bring an extra dress so I can change into something