Every once in a while, everyone needs a day or two to just chill. I call these days my Rest and Relaxation days - or R+R days for short.
While everyone has different definitions of what it means to relax, I have a couple of things that are absolutely crucial for me to really wind down:
- Barry Tea: I'm a big tea drinker and Barry's Irish gold tea is one of my favorites! I usually take my tea with milk and no sugar
- Clay mask: I like using this avocado mask by Freeman's. No restful evening is complete without a green face mask, amirite??
- Book: For entertainment, I've been reading Go Set a Watchman, the highly anticipated sequel to the beloved To Kill a Mockingbird. I will have a book review on this book next week!
- Candles: I picked up this candle by Paddywax recently because I was drawn to the not-so-strong floral scent. It's a grapefruit-y candle (they call it "French Gimlet") that doesn't overwhelm my sensitive nose. So far it smells heavenly!
- Nail polish: Since I'm taking a week off from work soon, I gave my nails a break from muted "office-appropriate" colors and playing with some fun bright colors! I'm really liking "Fashion Playground" by Essie lately. It's a pistachio-colored polish that has a sort of glittery sheen. Love it!
- Comfy pajamas: I recently bought these perfectly adorable summer-appropriate pajamas from Forever 21. I feel so comfortable and cool in these! The fabric is perfect for these hot and humid DC summer nights and the print is super cute to boot!
What does your R+R day look like?